TRES Labs is committed to respecting your privacy through the protection of personal information you submit. The following outlines our promise to you:
- Purpose and Consent. Before collecting your personal information we explain to you the purpose of collecting it and obtain your consent.
- Limiting Collection. Our collection of personal information is limited to what is reasonable under the circumstances, and your information will be used only for the purpose for which it is collected.
- Security. Personal information is kept confidential and secure and is not disclosed to anyone outside of TRES Labs without your consent, unless required by law.
- Access. You have the right to access your own personal information, and to correct any inaccuracies.
Ten PrinciplesTRES Labs is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of personal information. We have accepted 10 Principles established by the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code. They are as follows:
- Identifying Purposes. We identify the purposes for which personal information is collected.
- Consent. We only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Limiting Collection. We limit collection of your personal information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. Personal information is only used or disclosed for the purpose that it was collected, unless otherwise consented, or when required or permitted by law. We only retain your personal information for the period of time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy. We keep personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards. We protect personal information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness. Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information is made readily available to you.
- Access. At your request, we inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, and provide access to the information. You can challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information, and amend it as necessary.
- Challenging Compliance. You can contact us with any questions, complaints or suggestions with respect to the above principles.
Personal information is broadly defined as information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Data collected with personal identifiers removed, so that it is impossible to determine the identity of the person to whom the information relates, is not considered personal information. With your permission, we collect personal information about you to:
- Identify you
- Establish and maintain a relationship with you, and to provide you with better service
- Protect you, and us, against error and fraud
- Comply with legal requirements
Your personal information may also be used to create statistics about Point2’s business. We will not sell your personal information to any organization, for any purpose.
The cornerstone to protecting your privacy is consent. We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law. We do not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service to you, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information beyond that information which is required to provide our services to you.
You may choose not to provide us with any of your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service or information that you requested or that could be offered to you.
Types of Consent
- Consent can be express or it may be implied in appropriate circumstances.
- Express Consent can be given in writing, in person, electronically, by telephone or by using a check-off box.
- Implied Consent occurs when surrounding circumstances exist that lead a reasonable person to believe that this consent had been given, although no direct, express or explicit words of agreement are transmitted.
We only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you withdraw consent, we will inform you of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw consent, simply contact us and advise us of what personal information you no longer wish us to use.
Security and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
TRES Labs has developed processes and procedures to keep your Personal information safe and secure. We have appropriate safeguards in place depending on the sensitivity of the information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will only use and disclose your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Any exception will be with prior consent, or as may be required by law. Also, we will keep information only for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Any attempts to undermine, slander, threaten, swear at or cause harm to a TRES Labs support staff is strictly prohibited and is grounds for immediate termination of Services.
You may access and verify your personal information and find out to whom we have disclosed it. At the time of your request, we will need specific information from you to verify your identity before we can provide you with the personal information we hold. If you identify any incorrect or outdated information requiring amendment, please contact us. We may ask you to put your request for a correction in writing.
Changing Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your personal information for as long as it is being used for the purposes we have identified. To help us keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to notify us of inaccuracies or corrections as often as you wish. If you identify any incorrect or outdated information requiring amendment, please contact us. We may ask you to put your request for a correction in writing.
Contact Us with questions, concerns or complaints about privacy or personal information. We will inform you of our complaint procedures and will assist you in resolving the situation. If a complaint is justified, appropriate measures will be taken.